Five Dogwoods on the move...

Yesterday we spent some time reducing the size of the yew tree, it's now half the size it was:

image.jpg

This meant there was room to move half of the dogwoods we bought earlier in the year. Up until now they'd been planted - and doing well - in my vegetable bed. The canes are there to avoid the freshly dug over soil looking too attractive to the foxes. They'd already started trying to dig under this part of fence - the foxes, not the dogwoods - so MOH needed to put a preventative board there in case they started there again:

image.jpg

So finally, my shallots and greenhouse-raised broad beans could be planted out:

image.jpg

And yesterday was the first day of the year I cut some of our own rhubarb. The back bed in the picture above is now a rhubarb bed. It's the first year for three of the crowns, and they're doing well. Looks like future years will be rhubarb-tastic!