And it seems it hasn't been so warm here either. The temperature in the greenhouse has only reached 27.3 - it it was a lot cooler in Hunstanton.
Our spiky plant is still going and looks fab in the dark too:
This weekend's Hunny haul includes:
* clean washing
* one of Dad's marrows
* two of Dad's round yellow courgettes
* some broad beans grown by Dad
* remnants of a strawberry cheesecake (made by Mum)
* strawberries grown by Dad
* some purple shamrock from Dad's garden
* a small knobbly cucumber from Dad's greenhouse
* some swordfish for the barbie from The Fish Shed
* six Japanese anemones from Reverend Sylvia's plant stall at St Edmund's coffee morning
* no malt vinegar from the tombola stall at the same coffee morning. There were only a few bottles left and this was MOH's challenge!
* a kniphofia - or a much coveted Red Hot Poker plant.
* oh! and a fire pit as a birthday present to MOH from my brother. Bought with the new patio in mind!
We're very grateful to my parents for their contribution to this stash and for a relaxing, dust-free weekend.