Hello there and welcome to another Friday, another #PoCoLo and another Bank Holiday - yay! If you were here last week, thank you - it was great to see you, and I will pop over to read your post shortly; if you're new here *hello* you're very welcome, and I'm sure you'll find some great posts to read.
We're in to the third full week of our conservatory work and the past few days have been a dust-fest, but yesterday topped it off. They're onto the making good part, and that involved plastering, and yes more dust. And builder's clearing up. The plastering looks fantastic though, and we know the dust will continue to settle for a little while yet.
Thankfully their building skills are way better than their cleaning up skills, although you'll have to take my word for it as the newly painted radiator may not feel quite the same way. We're cleaning the kitchen each night and sweeping the downstairs floor, but the conservatory is their space to put right. I'm sure they will, and without too much persuasion from me, and it will look great when it's done.
They were due to finish this week, but as they started later than planned will be here for a bit longer - but even so completing next week might be pushing it as the floor sander isn't coming until Friday. I'm keen now to get the house straight again, and not to clean the kitchen every night, having builders in the house gets tiresome after a while...
Blogger Showcase: Jacqui from Mummabstylish
1. Who are you?
My name is Jacqui Berry I'm a 53 year old fashion and lifestyle blogger who runs the blog www.mummabstylish.com I post twice a week, mainly outfits I have worn, a little of my lifestyle, sometimes I post about health, car or beauty products.
2. How did you discover blogs/blogging?
I knew about blogs, but none in particular, mainly watching vlogs on make-up and hair tutorials, both I'd love to do, but don't have the knowledge. Blogging seemed to click for me.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I had wanted to do 'something' for a few years, since my children are grown up, along with the fact I don't work, but help my husband out with his business. I still have three children at home, and two gorgeous grand-children to look after and spend time with. I wanted to do something I could stay at home with being able to pick up and put down when I wanted to.
4. What do you find most challenging?
The technical side, and I still do!
5. What is your favourite topic to write about?
Clothes and fashion I love talking about.
6. Are you blogging for fun or do you have goals?
Blogging for fun, but I would love to make some money from it, maybe in the future.
7. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
Seeing other ladies of all ages but mostly mine sharing their fashion ideas - you can find out anything on a blog.8.
8. Have you ever attended a blogging conference and if so, what did you think?
Have never attended a conference, but I'd love to, maybe i'd learn how to do some of the more technical things. I've met three blogger friends which was fantastic and we all felt the same.
9. What are your 3 best posts?
I love many of my posts but here's some i'm very proud of:
- Lotus shoes, let me share a shoe boot. This was my first collaboration, which I was so elated about. (little things eh?)
- I love the photos in this post, three wonderful outfits, that all look really great.
- Another collaboration in which the backdrop for these photos is a very special place. Managed to meet my best friend and her daughter (my god-daughter) there at the same time and she took my photos. (GD took the pictures.). Stunning scenery.
10. Describe yourself in three words!
Sympathetic, caring and thankful.
11. Are you a tea and biscuits or coffee and cake person?
Tea and biscuits, but I love cake too - coffee only one cup a day!
12. What's your idea of a perfect night out?
Meal in a restaurant with fabulous food and great company, oh and a bottle of prosecco. So long as I'm with my hubby I'm happy!
13. Your perfect night in?
Oh, watching a really gripping film, with a curry, oh and a bottle of prosecco.
14. What would your best friend/OH/mum or kids say is your best quality?
I think they would all say "I'm just a nice person"
Would you like to guest co-host Post Comment Love with me over the summer? If so, please get in touch.