Hello and welcome to Friday and Post Comment Love. And thank you for your reactions to our lovely new badges, we're glad you liked them as much as we do. If you're new here welcome and if you've been here before, welcome back.
My week has passed in a bit of a blur. We had a great weekend in Norfolk and left with these windfall apples from one of dad's neighbours, some cooking pears, some quinces and as you do a squid. I've some cooking to do this coming weekend. I've got crab apples from the allotment too, and no doubt there's some more ready to be picked too. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a cake as I've a cake tin to put to the test too.
What are your plans this weekend?
PS This week I'm linking up a pre-Christmas competition. I've joined up with lots of lovely bloggers to offer our readers the chance to win a share of £250 in Amazon vouchers, so good luck!
This week I'm pleased to share our first new-style #BloggerShowcase - Morgan and I would love you to get involved too, so if you fancy answering our questions please get in touch.
Blogger Showcase: Helena from The Queen of Collage
1. Who are you?
I’m Helena aka The Queen of Collage. Mum of two and lover of all things creative.
2. How did you discover blogs/blogging?
I don't actually remember how I came accross blogging. I did write voluntarily for the BBC's online version of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy prior to setting up my blog, but that was only going to have scrapbook pages on it then something happened.
3. Why did you start blogging?
I started to take it seriously when I realised that it would be a wonderful way in which to memory keep.
4. What do you find most challenging?
There’s so much to learn and do as soon as you’ve worked one thing out something else grabs your attention.
5. What is your favourite topic to write about?
My favourite topic is probably talking about my children.
6. Are you blogging for fun or do you have goals?
7. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
8. Have you ever attended a blogging conference and if so, what did you think?
No I haven’t but I would love to.
9. What are your 3 best posts?
I don't think I have best posts as I see blogging like art, i.e you are always perfecting things. The blog is like a labour of love.
Then Helena asked Morgan which posts she'd choose, and so here they are, and why:
- For the bright photos, particularly the rose: Our Garden: A Photo Walk
- Because it's a beautiful piece of personalised wall art, and because Morgan wishes she was crafty enough to do something like this: Storing Sentiments
- And as tags are always a great way to learn more about someone: The Mummy Tag
10. Describe yourself in three words!
Creative, crazy and chaotic ;)
11. Are you a tea and biscuits or coffee and cake person?
Tea and cake!
12. What's your idea of a perfect night out?
A Ceroc Ball.
13. Your perfect night in?
Snuggled up with my family.
14. What would your best friend/OH/mum or kids say is your best quality?
Whenever they've been on holiday I have been the one that's made most of their holiday by raiding the tourist information of the latest literature and scheduling things to do with everyone.