Last Thursday I went along to the launch party for the Houzz of 2018, a pop-up in the heart of Soho showcasing the interiors trends that are expected to be big this year. The five storey townhouse in Greek Street had been completely refurbished and fitted out in a number of days, not weeks, days.
And it was amazing. It was more than decorating and interior trends though the house also showed how clever design can help us get the most of our spaces and shows how we can get the most out of multi-functional rooms.
To get an overview of the whole house, take a look at the preview below.
My 5 standout items were
1. The mirrors on the dark smokey walls were just stunning, and it isn't the first ones of this style that I've seen. Even MOH was quite taken with them, but at one point I did think he might try and give them a good clean! The wall colour, in case you're interested is Dulux's Cobalt Night.
2. The bedside tables in the main bedroom also caught my eye, both for their contemporary design but also because I like stuff around me, and having the chance of an additional shelf really does appeal. My challenge would be to keep mine looking quite so stylish...
3. The almost crittall-like shower enclosure with simple lines, marble-tiled walls and black shower accessories. It seems that many of us are moving away from all-white, clinical bathroom spaces - and after seeing this one, it's easy to see why.
4. What really stood out in the child's room was the design worked on all levels, from the embellishments above the skirting board to the low hanging log-lights over a child height table. The galapagos table lamps (on the floor in the photo below) aren't bad either, are they?
5. This fox print also appealed, I think it's the amount of white space, the black and white line drawing and the collage effect with the print. Either way I think it worked well in this space and is versatile enough to work in plenty of others too.
What do you think? Have you seen anything that appeals to you, or you'd have in your home? If you'd like to visit the Houzz of 2018 is open for visitors and completely free to visit every day until 31 January, 11am - 9pm.
* Thanks to Houzz for the invite to the event and view the Houzz of 2018. I was under no obligation to write this post, but I wanted to share this gorgeousness with you.