Rediscovered cross stitch

While looking through an old box of sewing things I discovered this part completed cross stitch of  what I think was intended to be a cushion cover:

One tea cup is complete, there's a rose bowl forming in the centre. There will be another tea cup on the left-hand side with blocks of rose patterns completing a border.

It was complete with a slightly crumpled paper pattern from an old Prima magazine and the thread to complete the remainder of the pattern. Sadly I hadn't quite gotten halfway through before it was abandoned. All of this was in a plastic bag from the Ideal Home Show in 1994!

So considering it's the 20 year anniversary I've decided to pick this up again and give it another go!

Let's see how I get on...